Why take our Level 3 in games, animation and VFX?
We work closely with employers across games, animation and VFX including Blue Zoo, Double Negative, Framestore, Microsoft, MPC, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Ubisoft. They tell us that other courses in creative and digital media are missing some important subject areas. This was also raised in the NextGen report written by industry giants Ian Livingstone CBE and Alex Hope OBE in association with Nesta. New recruits often don't have the right combination of industry practice awareness and essential skills, particularly in maths, programming and art.
That's why, like all NextGen courses, our Level 3 qualifications were developed in partnership with employers. You'll learn precisely the skills they are looking for. Working to employer briefs, getting real industry feedback and having masterclasses from industry experts are integral parts of the learning.
Whether you're a student, parent or guardian, click below for information about the colleges that offer NextGen Level 3 qualifications. There will be more colleges coming soon who will be looking for students to start in September 2016.
Units studied on this course
- 3D Tools: Principles and Practice
- Art Fundamentals for the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- Business and Common Working Practice
- Core Principles of Game Design
- Creative and Technical 3D Modelling
- Emerging Technologies and Trends in the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- Fundamental Animation Skills for the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- Fundamental Product Programming Skills
- Images and Sounds for Imagined Worlds
- Maths and Logic Fundamentals for the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- Production Management for the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- Story Playboarding
- The Games, Animation and VFX Industries
- VFX Fundamentals for the Games, Animation and VFX Industries