Are you 16-19? Passionate about film and VFX? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the NextGen BFI Film Academy Network ‘NextGen Young Filmmakers Wales’ delivered by ‘Talent Dock’ is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry in Wales.
Applications for NextGen Young Filmmakers Wales have now closed
What would you study as a student of the Film Academy:
- You will get hands-on VFX experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills.
- You can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- You will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field.
- You will watch a selection of film screenings.
- You will work on a practical VFX-based project as part of a team.
- You will receive careers advice and talks from some of the best in the film industry including Bait Studio, Milk and Framestore.
- You will have the opportunity to showcase your work to industry and receive one to one mentoring support from some of the UK’s top VFX companies
- You will also have the opportunity to complete a NCFE Award qualification on the course – “Preparing to work in the Film Industry” and in doing so start to develop a portfolio of your work for the future.
- Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to events such as BAFTA career talks.